At Express Scripts we believe in practicing pharmacy smarter. We put medicine within reach of tens of millions of people by aligning with our customers, taking bold action and delivering patient-centered care to make better health more affordable and accessible.
Headquartered in St. Louis, Express Scripts provides integrated pharmacy benefit management services, including network-pharmacy claims processing, home delivery pharmacy care, specialty pharmacy care, specialty benefit management, benefit-design consultation, drug utilization review, formulary management and medical and drug data analysis services. Express Scripts also distributes a full range of biopharmaceutical products and provides extensive cost-management and patient-care services.
Download our Corporate Overview.
Subsidiaries and affiliates
Awards and honors
Express Scripts is the proud recipient of several awards and honors each year. We consider this recognition not only significant but a direct result of our goal to make prescription drugs safer and more affordable.
- 25 Noteworthy Companies, Diversity Inc.
- Excellence in Cost Containment: Hepatitis Cure Value Program, PBMI
- Fortune 500, No. 22
- World’s Most Innovative Companies: 66th overall, Forbes
- Fortune 500, No. 22
- Isadore King Spirit of Service Award, Medicaid Health Plans of America (MHPA)
World’s Most Innovative Companies: 28th overall and 16th in North America, Forbes
- World’s Most Ethical Company (Healthcare Services Category), Ethisphere Institute
- Fortune 500, No. 20
- 2014 National Corporate Impact Award: Excellence in Tobacco Control, American Cancer Society
- Best for Vets: Employers, Military Times
Fortune 500, No. 24
- Computerworld’s 2013 Data+: Editors’ Choice award winner
- 2013 CIO 100 Award Winner
- Gateway to Innovation’s 2013 Business Innovation (Large Organization Category) winner
Bronze Award for Best Practices in Health Care Consumer Empowerment and Protection (RationalMed)
- Fortune 500, No. 60
- Best for Vets Employer, Military Times EDGE
- Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy (JMCP) 2011 Award for Excellence, Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy
Fortune 500, No. 55
- Fastest Growing Companies, Fortune
Fit Friendly Company designation, American Heart Association
- Above and Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR)
- Orlando Sentinel, Top 100 Companies for Working Families (Orlando area)
- St. Louis Magazine, Great Places to Work (St. Louis area)
- Seven Seals Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR)
- St. Louis Business Journal, Healthiest Employers Award (Finalist)
- Cincinnati Business Courier, Best Places to Work (#1 for large companies in the Cincinnati area)
How we do it
Everything we do is guided by the six core values that constitute The Express Way. Three values shape who we are: Integrity, Mutual Respect and Passion. Integrity is first and foremost for a reason – it's our guiding beacon. Three more values define how we work: Alignment, Collaboration and Service. Together, we do the right thing for clients and patients, who count on us every day. For more information, see our Code of Conduct.